Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's Moments


We're still crafting little machines over here!
And what better holiday to be inspired by than what would probably be my absolute favorite...
Valentine's Day!
I know it's a Hallmark holiday, but I love all of the heart shaped things and talking to the kids about writing special sentiments to one another and to think of special things to create for each child's card.
Beloved Baby was as ready as any of them to get in on the action... 






Precious Gift took a break in the middle to play with the counting pieces...

... I love how serene she is when doing simple tasks like this.

And at one point Beloved Baby started indicating he wanted help with his picture and
I watched in awe as Joy Girl rushed to his aid.
She kindly held her hand out and allowed him to place the paint brush in her hands if he wanted to, and asked him about the different places he wanted her to add the paint.
Getting to capture their gentle interactions and how loving and conscientious they were of each other, it is always the highlight of my day to see this with each of the children.


Beloved baby held the paint up to help her and would nod or shake his head depending on what she asked him...



The pride they exude in helping each other and the happiness I see in their expressions, it's truly hard to put into words.
I know that it must seem like they just naturally fall into this demeanor.  I guess I should preface that from the time they're able to communicate as babies, we are constantly reminding them as to how to communicate and behave with their siblings, but at some point, the reminders are practically non-existent and all of that time that was spent working with them to be mindful of each other, shows itself in the most wonderful of ways throughout the day.




It's hard to not love a holiday that celebrates the love people have for one another, especially when I feel so inclined to want to celebrate those things daily.
I hope that they will always feel secure as to the love and happiness emanating from their family within these walls, and that they also feel the incredible love of a spouse and family of their own some day should their heart desire such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers